Monday, September 15, 2008

Long Gone..

Just ran through an old diary I used to keep back in FYJC...aspiring lyricist, aspiring band..Euthanasia was the name..Dusty old book got them cobwebs off olf memories..The Good old 20 ruppee day with 2 fresh lime soda glasses in bhavans college..Angst without a reason, rebel without a cause...Makes me sit back and laugh as I read the same diary today..Feels like meeting an old friend, and you dunno how to say hello...

I wrote this poem back then sitting at marine drive..Amazing 2 hours of doing nothing but sitting on the raling and noting down random lines as they kept coming..Turned out into a poem that I still cherish till date, and maybe one of my finest creations, although I dont have many to boast about..LOL...but here goes anyways

Long gone...

Waiting on the shores of Life,
Staring at the coming waves...

To and Fro come with the tide,
Seem to take everything away....


But surely they left behind something,
Something to cherish for life..

Like Precious moments of this love,
Marked on the sands of time.....

The sea so noisy, wanted something to say,
Maybe I'm too far; didn't understand anyway...

Then perhaps i realize the way you feel,
Maybe its the same way you don't understand me....

Cause you're too far it seems, cant convey,
All these words, we just walk our own ways...

And many of these moments we have spent..
Maybe we shall never see these again...

Someday we shall not be together
Or I may not make it....
Maybe then we'll get it and understand,
But I'll be long gone before you take it....

Perhaps then forgotten, but not in vain of all this land,
For this whole world shall see, our names I've written in this sand....

As I believe we're here for a cause,
And one day we'll have to leave...

Not forever, few moments to last,
So don't be away for a few moments to live.....

But fear not, I'll still be there,
Pain is not all the Lord is creating...
Remember me till your eyes close,
Coz up there, I will be waiting......

Thanks

Regards

Atul H

2 comments:

  1. "Perhaps then forgotten, but not in vain of all this land,
    For this whole world shall see, our names I've written in this sand..."

    You have a great writing style, simple, uncomiplicated, yet lyrical.

    I bet you look back at your old work and wonder how you wrote so well! And I suppose this sort of exercise, of delving into the past, helps you answer some of the questions you have about yourself today.

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its beautiful.

    i still remember that diary of yours,i mustv read all of it twice.....couldnt believe it was urs(my dad cudnt believe it was urs either).

    u shud goto marine drive everyday.

    ReplyDelete